The Clark County Water Reclamation District was created in 1954 and has been operating for over 53 years. It services the unincorporated portions of Clark County, Nevada, within the Las Vegas Valley, as well as the communities of Blue Diamond, Indian Springs, Laughlin, Overton and Searchlight. The District collects and treats nearly 100 million gallons of wastewater each day, utilizing more than 2,000 miles of pipeline.
Did You Know?
- When the District began treating wastewater in 1956, we had only 189 customer accounts.
- This year, we have nearly 225,000 accounts.
- In 1956, we treated approximately 2 million gallons per day of wastewater.
- In 2013, we treated nearly 100 million gallons per day of wastewater.
- In 1956, there were just a few miles of sewer lines serving the community.
- Today, more than 2,000 miles of pipeline collect wastewater throughout our service area.